In this interesting master class Herman van Heerden discusses the core competencies necessary for an owner team with Freek van Heerden and Kevin Mattheys.
You will learn:
- The origins of the “owner team” which came about as owners lost certain in-house competencies in favor of total outsourcing of projects
- The importance of good leadership in the owner team (sponsor)
- The importance of understanding the real business need and staying aligned to this through the project
- Why scope development is so important and why changes need to be controlled and well communicated
- How to select the people on the owner team who are the owners’ representatives and independent of the engineering or managing contractor
- The importance of communication and alignment throughout each stage of the project
- The most important role of the contractor on a project
- How risk should be distributed between the owner and the contractor.
- How to determine which specific competencies can and should be outsourced
- How to implement appropriate governance between the owner and the contractor, and make sure owner team representatives are properly mandated for their important role
This MasterClass is now available to all toolkit members from the OTC Toolkits Membership site. (Log-in required).
See you inside the Toolkits.
– The OTC Toolkits Team